Spain vs USA mens soccer at Gillette Stadium


  It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon as the United States hosted Spain in an exhibition soccer match in front of the largest crowd to watch a soccer game in the New England area as over 64,000 fans packed Gillette Stadium.  Most of the crowd cheering for Spain.  From the get go Spain, fresh off the World Cup victory, dominated the entire game beating the United States 4-0.  It could have easily been 8-0 as a few of Spain's shots either hit off the cross bar or just missed the net.

  For me, it was sort of a rough day.  After a couple of hours of sleep and being stuck in traffic all day, by the time I got to the stadium, I had a splitting headache.  It would last all day and it got so bad that most of the day I was struggling not to get sick. 

  Soccer is one of my favorite sports to photograph (especially international soccer), because of the fans and an the beauty of the game but since I didn't feel good I didn't move around too much and didn't get an overall stadium shot that I planned on getting.  I still had fun photographing the game despite everything... I can't complain too much with a job like this...  Next up the Stanley Cup!